When you think of the best classical pianists, you need to consider a lot of factors. You need to think about the technical issues, the reputation or fan following, the extent of their talent, the improvisation capacity, etc. In addition to these factors, you should consider the pianists who have prior recording as it will allow you to compare and contrast their work with other pianists. With that said, it will be completely justified if you analyze the recognition of an individual talent of a specific era. It will help you to discern his or her contribution as a whole. Considering all the facts, here is the list of best classical pianists of all time, all of them are fond of playing the best digital piano:
- Franz Liszt: Franz Liszt is the most prominent classical pianists of all time as his playing captivated the audiences immensely. In the early 1840s, he completed a tour of Europe that span for eight years. He has given a legendary status for his classic and elegant playing of piano, but he achieved this feat since he retired at an early age of 35 to focus on composing.
- Sergei Rachmaninoff: Sergei Rachmaninoff was an out-of-the-box pianist whose style was different to the time in which he lived. He kept the romanticism of the 19th century well into the 20th century, which was perhaps the most intriguing factor of his piano playing. In order to showcase his abilities, all of his recordings were reshaped and re-mastered.
- Arthur Rubinstein: Arthur Rubinstein was one of the best pianists because he had the ability to blend the elements of romanticism with the contemporary music and technical aspects. He was a fearless pianist who had garnered appreciation from the audiences for his taking ability in playing.
- Clara Haskil: Clara Haskil was a natural talent who reproduced Mozart and Beethoven as a child before being taught music lessons. However, her career had seen stumbling blocks due to poor health and the world war. But ultimately, she did make a name for herself through some dazzling performances of Mozart. These performances were regarded as ‘for the gods’ by a reviewer.
- Sviatoslav Richter: Sviatoslav Richter was a unique pianist in a sense that he described himself as executants instead of addressing himself as an interpreter. He always set the bar at a high standard and put in world-class performances in front of the audiences.
- Vladimir Horowitz: Vladimir Horowitz has had a big career that spanned for a long time. Blessed with extraordinary technical abilities, Horowitz had oozed the audiences with his classic interpretations. In addition to this, he could easily alter different aspects of works of various composers. As a result of it, he was admired by a lot of fellow composers and pianists alike.
- Glenn Gould: Glenn Gould has passed away 33 years ago, but people still remind of him greatly because he was one of the greatest pianists of his generation. He could inspire people with this music and he had a unique way of playing a piano as well. On top of it, he could easily do different things with the piano and also, he had the power to alter the works of Bach. All these things brought fame for Glenn Gould and people still remind him as a legendary pianist.
Published: November 16, 2015